Assistant Store Manager
- Expired: July 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
$14.00/hour plus monthly bonus program
SmartStop® Self Storage is a diversified real estate company in the self-storage industry. As a self-managed REIT with a fully integrated operations, it has a team of approximately 390 self-storage professionals focused on growing the SmartStop® Self Storage brand. SmartStop is the tenth-largest self-storage company in the U.S., with approximately $1.7 billion of real estate assets under management, including an owned and managed portfolio of 150 properties in 19 states and Toronto, Canada and comprising approximately 101,000 units and 11.5 million rentable square feet. In addition, SmartStop was recently awarded Newsweek’s Best Customer Service 2021 among Storage Center companies.
We are currently seeking highly motivated, energetic, friendly and sales-oriented individual for an Assistant Store Manager position. The position is full-time and responsible for the management and daily operation of a self-storage facility. Assistant Store Managers contribute to a successful property by running an organized office, engaging positively with customers, earnestly following up on leads, maintaining existing business relationships with clients and vendors, and communicating clearly with the entire management team.
The right candidate pays attention to details, stays organized, and takes delight in finding great solutions for problems. This position is involved in all phases of the operation, including: leasing storage & parking, managing a team, assisting with maintenance, supervising onsite projects, communicating with home office team, and maintaining good relationships with tenants.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rental of storage units
- Preparing rental agreements
- Handling financial transactions and banking activities
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all product and services
- Maintaining general curb appeal
- Other duties as assigned by the Company
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 1 year of management or related experience
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Ability to work weekends
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in varying temperature and weather
- Ability to work closely with a diverse customer population
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Walking extended distances - up to 200 yards
- Navigating multiple surfaces: indoors and outdoors; carpet, tile, linoleum, cement, pavement, dirt - surfaces may uneven, hot, icy, snowy
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Fine motor functions, use of keyboard for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Incentive Plan
- Health insurance including medical, dental and vision
- Life Insurance | Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Daily Prescreening Survey
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
SmartStop Storage Advisors LLC, is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, creed, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, status as a parent or any other legally protected status. We believe in fostering an environment of inclusion, and seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our dynamic team.
SmartStop Self Storage
RetailView all jobs at SmartStop Self Storage