Controller - Accounting
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SmartShyp is a leading post-purchase experience for eCommerce merchants. Allowing users to import, manage, automate, process, insure, and track orders. SmartShyp has a vast number of partnerships and integrations with the most popular sales channels, shopping carts, and warehouse management systems including eBay, Shopify, WooCommerce, Amazon, Etsy, Jane.com, and others.
About the Role
We are looking for a Controller to be a core member of our team! You will be responsible for building internal control processes, reviewing journal entries, and working cross-functionally on complex accounting-related matters to monitor the company’s overall financial health. This role reports directly to the CEO and is a strategic position to help us drive the business forward. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing SaaS company while still enjoying a work-life balance. If you are an experienced accountant looking for their next step then this is the position for you!
- Manage month-end close process
- Review and ensure the accuracy of accounting entries and payroll accounting
- Assist with complex accounting issues, such as equity transactions entries and writing technical accounting memos
- In conjunction with the CEO and other senior executives, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Prepare for and work with auditors, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting, financial and business operations analysis, tax compliance and reporting, reporting of KPIs, cash management, and risk management.
- Monitor company costs and identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with consolidation accounting
- Strong work ethic, great time management skills, solid judgment, and integrity
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Robust knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Finance
- SaaS experience
- Experience in auditing and public accounting is a preferred (3-6 years)
- Experience with team building, and a passion for developing others
Compensation and Benefits
- DOE: Base salary with potential for bonuses and raises
- Unlimited PTO
- Schedule: Monday-Friday work schedule. Flexible options as long as 40 hours minimum are met and tasks are completed
- Location: We mostly work in the office. The office is located in Pleasant Grove, Utah
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Merchandise Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.