Maintenance Specialist I
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 Hourly
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Specialist (Electrician) to join our Maintenance team.
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes in order to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties
The Maintenance Specialist must perform the following duties with basic to moderate knowledge or understanding, with minimal supervision:
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities using mechanical, electrical, welding, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills. Must be familiar with machinery/equipment such as bucket elevators, conveyors, compressors, and pumps.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests, and makes adjustments to production equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Repairs or replaces control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, etc.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Able to set up operator welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools, and other metalworking equipment.
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations and defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Works cooperatively to comply with facility-wide environmental and quality management systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to weld and fabricate.
- Prior experience in electrical, welding, or fabrication work, strongly desired.
- Must be able to read, use simple math, and use basic hand-held measuring tools.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with some supervision.
- Good judgment is required.
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have high safety standards for self and others.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate effectively with others.
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- MSHA training and experience is also a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, you will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage for employees, as well as coverage for eligible dependents (First day of the month following 30 days of employment)
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Account with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- 9 annual paid Holidays
To learn more about our exciting organization go to smartsand.com.
Only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted by the company directly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Smart Sand Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Smart Sand Inc