Our client, one of the top nationwide mortgage lenders, is looking for qualified Mortgage Underwriters across the country. The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing all loan applications for compliance with underwriting, investor, government, and FNMA/FHLMC guidelines.
This opportunity is 100% remote (work-from-home) and includes a competitive benefit and compensation package for qualified applicants.
Qualified applicants must have a DE (Direct Endorsement) certificate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience
- Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector
- Knowledge of FHA, FNMA, and FHLMC policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor products, and underwriting guidelines
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools
- VA/LAPP, FHA DE (CHUMS), & SAR preferred
- Reviews/analyzes loan files submitted for borrowers to ensure file meets loan program requirements. Includes individual analysis of:
- Loan application
- Credit profile/report(s)
- Debt and assets
- Income/financial statements
- Loan values/loan-to-value ratios
- Appraisal reports
- Collateral and supporting documentation
- Identifies and calculates loan risk of loss
- Conditions files for missing/supporting documentation
- Revisits loans to review and clear conditions
- Approves, counters, or denies loan files
- Escalates fraud files to the Credit Manager/Risk Management team
- Respond within SLA to all loan specific audits/findings
This position is considered a non-loan originator position, this means participants may not engage in activities of a loan originator, including: communicating directly with borrowers about credit qualification or loan terms, including pricing concessions or other transaction-specific terms or conditions.
Smart It Frame