Smart Financial Credit Union currently has a Digital Marketing Specialist opening at our headquarters in West Houston (Westchase). The minimum salary for this role is $47,377.67 / annualized, based on experience.
This position will create effective graphic designs for print, web, and various media that are in line with the brand values and objectives, while ensuring messaging consistency. He or she will continually look for ways to improve the experience for visitors to our website and manage the technical and marketing aspect of web projects such as newsletters, content marketing, functionality improvement, SEO/SEM performance.
35% Graphic Design Design print and online advertising marketing materials and campaigns. Conceive and develop artwork for publications, advertisements, and marketing collateral. Creates layouts and designs of logos, advertising, marketing collateral and other print and online publishing materials.(i.e. brochures, newsletters, displays, diagrams, promotional materials, web-ready artwork) Places orders and works with third party vendors as necessary for production.
30% Website Design Work with various departments to keep website updated with relevant information and new designs. Design new pages, sites, and features. Function as the lead for website keywords and SEO/SEM strategies.
25% Marketing Liaison Represent marketing at events and in retail branches. Create collateral for events including signage. Support business segment marketing initiatives (CUSO products, SEG marketing, Foundation, etc). Coordinate all branch marketing installations and improvements with facilities and IT.
10% Analytics Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data. Responsible for monthly advertising and outreach reports, tracking digital advertising analytics and providing periodic reports as assigned.
Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.Education/Certifications/Licenses
A college degree. Bachelors Degree in marketing, Graphic Design, or Related Field.Interpersonal Skills
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.Other Skills
1. Must have strong written and oral communication and presentation skills including proofreading and editing.
2. Must possess a thorough understanding of marketing principles and knowledge of financial institution products and services.
3. Effective time management and logical decision-making ability; ability to prioritize work, maintain a positive attitude and composure in stressful situations.
4. Ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
5. Must be reliable, motivated and a self-starter
6. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InCopy, InDesign, PhotoShop, After Effects, and Premier Pro required.
7. Experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics and AdWords strategies.
8. Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and content management systems.
9. Video editing experience and photography a plus.
Smart Financial Credit Union offers a competitive salary, excellent top-tier benefits and an excellent matching 401k program along with an employer paid pension plan. In addition, Smart Financial Credit Union has a tuition reimbursement program. Full-time employees can receive up to $4,000 per year in tuition reimbursement.
Smart Financial Credit Union was ranked as Houston's Best Places to Work! Six years in a row!
Source: Houston Business Journal, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Smart Financial Credit Union was also ranked as Best Companies to Work for in Texas! Two years in a row!
Source: Texas Association of Business (TAB) and Texas Monthly Magazine 2014 and 2015