Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be tasked with daily operations of running the Smarsh SaaS Platform. You will be passionate about uptime metrics, automating all of the simple tasks and discovering new to deploy code quickly and continuously. You'll work closely with our Engineering, QA and Technical Operations group to manage our current on-premise deployments and cloud native infrastructure. Our stack runs on Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL primarily on PCF/AWS.
- Strong experience operating Cloud Foundry or similar orchestration tools in production environments
- Experience managing CI/CD systems (Concourse, Jenkins, CircleCI etc.)
- Experience deploying and/or operating a centralized logging stack (ELK, Splunk, etc)
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
- Experience working with monitoring and observability tools (We use Datadog and New Relic)
- Familiarity with managing backend databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with running on a cloud platform, AWS preferred (S3, RDS, SQS)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Familiarity of programming/scripting languages (ie. Python, Bash, Powershell, Go, etc.)
- Manage day to day operations of our SaaS cloud platform ensuring health and performance of platform.
- Creatively solve problems in the DevOps space, collaborating with Development, DBA, and QA team members
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with Product, Customer Success and Integration teams on operational tasks and deployments.
- Listen to our internal customers/teams, understand their pain points, coach/mentor them to work smarter, not harder.
- Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices and process flow and create documentation to help those above and around you.
- Help create and manage continuous integration systems.
- Mentor and uplevel other SRE team members on how to operate effectively in the cloud.
- A focus on automating as much as you can and reducing toil work in the environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency for a high growth/fast paced environment
- Proven track record of leading implementations of build and release engineering best practices, both processes and technologies
- 3-7 years working in a SaaS environment, in either an operations or Devops role.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Curious mind, wanting to learn new technologies and share with others.
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions
- Participation in an on-call schedule outside of normal office hours.