HVAC Factory Service Technician - Chicago Area
The Smardt Factory Service Technician is be responsible for serving our customers either on site, by phone, or via remote internet connection. You’ll be involved in chiller startup/commissioning, resolving technical issues, troubleshooting, warranty work, and performing chiller maintenance.
- Accountable and responsible for sustaining and delivering high customer satisfaction; communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts.
- Provide technical support on indoor/outdoor Smardt chillers
- Service and troubleshoot chillers in the field
- In your local market or traveling as required
- Interact with customer to provide guidance as to the operation and maintenance of their equipment
- Being on-call to receive emergency customer calls approximately one week per month /2 months
- Completion of installations, delivery and removal of equipment required for performing all installations to company standards
- Diagnose and target customer’s operational problems
- Keep customer informed as to the nature of service performed, as well as outstanding issues
- Assures that all tools and equipment used are in good and safe working order
- Provide the best advice to customers on repairing or replacing existing equipment
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of the chiller systems
- Ensures any repairs and maintenance for testing equipment are performed in a timely manner
- Utilizes technical support available at head office when unable to troubleshoot certain problems in the field
- Promote the sale of add-on work or service agreements
- Assists head office with other related duties as required
- Exceptional customer service and communications skills
- Minimum four (4) years of HVAC field experience (specifically chiller)
- Turbocor/mag bearing an asset
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work in a team or independently
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.