Chiller Applications Engineer
- Posted: May 03, 2022
The Smardt family is growing, and we are looking to add a Application Engineer to our engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer is responsible for the production and delivery of engineering design and documentation to ensure on-time delivery of new and improved product offerings.
What will your days look like as an application engineer at Smardt?
- Preparing detailed, high-quality design documentation for components and products, ensuring clarity in the specification requirements to ensure the manufacture of a high-quality product in accordance with Product Development plans
- Working with the design team to prepare innovative design ideas and ensure on-time delivery of new and improved product developments
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure clarity in requirements and collaboratively manage any risk to the on-time delivery of Product development plans
- Generating technical documentation supporting the marketing and sales of Product
- Preparing work instructions, maintenance manuals, P&ID diagrams, instructions for use, Factory Acceptance Test templates and other associated engineering documentation
- Preparing/maintaining Bills of Material (BOM) for new and existing Product
- Carrying out engineering calculations and simulations to ensure compliant component selection and specification.
- Maintaining the integrity of design assets through PDM product data management system.
- Analyzing data, reviewing test reports, and providing clear conclusions and product solutions.
- Other duties as required.
What are we looking for in a Application Engineer?
- A minimum of bachelor's degree is required in Mechanical or related Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in product design
- Experience with chillers or refrigeration systems is required
- Experience with 3D modelling software, Autodesk Inventor or solid works is an asset.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) is required
- Familiarity with ASHRAE/ANSI/ASME codes and design requirements is an asset
- Familiarity with industrial controls systems is advantageous
- Familiarity with electrical systems is advantageous
TechnologyView all jobs at Smardt