- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SmallHD is looking for a Supervisor to oversee our Repair and Refurbishment department. Our ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of electronic repair, process improvement, and documentation writing, will enjoy collaborating with other departments, and will have proven leadership abilities. If this sounds like you, we'd love to see your resume!
SmallHD– Who are we?
SmallHD designs and manufactures cutting-edge display products for both the independent filmmaker and cinema industry. Our monitors are being used worldwide to consistently provide creative professionals with real-time confidence in their image. SmallHD products are known for their durability, premium display quality, and incredible user interface.
What will I be doing?
You will oversee all functions of the repair department and drive the repair team to success using various tools, leadership skills, and workflows to create a successful customer experience. You will process materials returned by customers, troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of product issues, repairing/refurbishing the electronics, and getting the product ready for return to the customer in full working order through a QC process.
A typical day might include the following
- Scheduling of team members including monitoring and managing punches, PTO requests and task management directives
- Setting department Key results, goals, task tracking
- Hiring onboarding and interviews of potential candidates for members of the Service Department
- Developing team members, coaching and mentoring
- Creating and managing documentation creation for Repair teams processes as well as CRC support
- Managing the day to day activities of the repair team and ensuring that tasks are completed based on set priorities.
- Suggesting and implementing process improvements to improve efficiency and the customer experience.
- Acting as the main point of contact for repair team members and other departments
- Managing department functions including ensuring inventory accuracy, processing payment requests, running and managing reports, drafting communication documents, and creating documentation for vendors, operations or other team members for analysis and problem tracking.
- Assisting the Operations assembly team with new product rework or bench-testing new materials for defects.
- Training new and existing repair team members on all processes and products.
- Repairing and rebuilding electronics using various techniques and testing processes.
- Troubleshooting electronic workflow on a macro and micro level to determine the cause of failure and the proper repair methods to be used.
- Hand soldering and assembling electronic components on printed circuit boards in accordance J-STD-001 and/or IPC-A-610 standards.
Qualified candidates must have
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years electronic assembly, troubleshooting, repair, and electronic testing experience including soldering and detailed electrical and board assembly
- Ability to hand solder; through hole and surface mount
- Repair Assembly and Maintenance workflows experience
- Knowledge of advanced electrical principles
- Experience with wiring and connector placement (both solder and crimp type)
- Operational familiarity with soldering irons, hand tools, and electrical test/precision measuring instruments
- Proficiency in-process specifications, manufacturing practices, and standardized assembly operations
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members in a productive manner
- Ability to problem solve and mitigate difficult situations for a successful outcome
- Ability to read/ create engineering documentation utilizing shop paperwork including travelers, work instructions, process documents, assembly drawings, BOMs, and schematics.
- Experience with Macro- and Micro-level electronics workflow troubleshooting
- Attention to detail
- Able to perform detail-oriented work sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to assemble electronic components onto printed circuit boards (PCBs) using hand tools.
- Ability to use and learn a variety of software tools including Xtuple ERP, Zendesk/ Salesforce,FedEx ShipManager/UPS WorldShip/ShipStation, Shopify, Smartsheets, Google Sheets/Docs
- A basic understanding of Video signal workflows, IP-based workflows, and wireless signal connectivity in the Cinema world a plus.
- Previous inventory management experience a plus
- Customer facing experience a plus
- Team leadership experience a plus
- Passion for the entertainment industry is a plus.
- Calibration of Monitors experience a plus
- Cellphone, computer, or consumer electronic repair experience a plus
More important information for you
- This position is based in the Cary, NC office
- Reporting to Director, Service Design Integrations
- This position is full time
- Great people, great work environment
- Health Insurance (incl. dental and vision)
- 401(k) Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Program
- Company-sponsored Friday Lunch
- Fun events throughout the year
- A fast-growing company with room to grow
Get fresh Repair Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.