- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $19 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical,
Baker/ Cake Decorator
- Prepares and decorates baked goods.
- Bakes pies, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and other pastries.
- Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Applicant must be as comfortable working in a group as they are working alone.
- Measures and mixes ingredients to form dough or batter by hand or using an electric mixer.
- Spreads or sprinkles topping such as jelly, cinnamon, and sugar on specialties.
- Decorates baked goods to be visually appealing and appetizing.
- Ensures that orders are fulfilled on time and effectively.
- Measures and mixes various flavored buttercreams, fillings, tasty toppings, etc.
- Tastes mixtures and product to ensure quality of product.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to complete entire shift standing and moving swiftly between prep stations.
- Must be able to complete decorations with a fast pace, while also paying close attention to beautiful aesthetic details.
- Must be comfortable ascending and descending ladders.
- Must be comfortable working with a hot oven.
- Cant not have long nails, removable nails or painted nails during any working shift.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities for maximum efficiency.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Manage daily production and identify product shortages to keep products consistently fresh and in stock.
- Use food preparation equipment such as mixers, ovens, etc.
- Report to work as scheduled on time, in uniform, and ready to be productive.
- Maintain a professional and productive relationship with coworkers.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Maintain and take inventory of ingredients and stock to report to store manager for ordering.
- Maintain clean work area and ensure prep areas are up to food safety standards.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of related experience as a baker
- Experience: Minimum 2 years working in a bakery production line
- Serve Safe Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Time management
- Active learning
- Judgment and decision making
Typical Hours 40 hours per week (subject to change based on need)
- Sunday 6AM-12PM
- Monday 6AM-1PM
- Thursday 6AM-2PM
- Friday 6AM-3PM
- Saturday 6AM-4PM
- Please provide pictures of your cupcake and/or cake decoration work along with your resume.
- Willing to provide US work visa for international candidates.
SMALLCAKES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, SMALLCAKES complies with applicable state and local laws governing non‐discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. SMALLCAKES also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Small Cakes Maryland LLC
2641 Riva Rd AnnapolisAnnapolis, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?