Lead DevOps Engineer (Remote, U.S. or Canada)
- Posted: over a month ago
LEAD DEVOPS ENGINEER
Slync.io is the first purpose-built logistics operating platform that delivers Logistics Orchestration™ to transform the way shippers, logistics service providers, and carriers manage global operational issues and multi-enterprise data. An API-driven platform, Slync.io connects disparate systems, ingests structured and unstructured datasets, orchestrates teams and automates processes seamlessly together for multi-enterprise transparency and friction-free collaboration for your end-to-end logistics operating network. Slync.io is proud to support users across four continents and happy to call three of the top 5 freight forwarders worldwide our customers.
Slync.io is Intelligent Automation for Global Logistics.
We are a dynamic, agile, and driven group of problem solvers that deliver unparalleled results for our customers by solving critical challenges in the lives of daily logistics operators. Our diverse team comes from all over the world, from other successful startups, big tech companies, logistics service providers, and supply chain technology leaders. We’re looking for motivated and exceptional people to join us on our exciting journey to revolutionize the logistics software industry globally.
Slync.io’s operations are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. See for yourself what else Slync.io has been up to visit Our Slync.io Blog.
Are you a DevOps Engineer with a passion to build resilient, distributed infrastructure? Do you love to work on Infrastructure automation? We are looking for you!
Slync.io is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a team of highly motivated software and systems engineers working on Infrastructure at scale. Be part of the team that solves infrastructure deployment issues with the software, delivers the high velocity and high-quality infrastructure in public data centers.
- Manage and enhance the build and continuous integration infrastructure.
- Monitor and maintain CI/CD Pipelines for production deployments.
- Contribute to our growing Configuration Management process in various environments.
- Enhance tools for development workflow.
- Use the latest technologies (Jenkins, Python, Docker, Ansible, Splunk etc..) to improve the current build and CI/CD infrastructure.
- Provide timely service requests from all release engineering customers including: software development, QA, sustaining and project management. Various requests could include: build failures, CI system management, Docker, Artifactory, build systems management and testing across multiple platform environments.
- Engage with software development, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated release engineering requirements.
- Provide recommendations to monitor and improve release engineering infrastructure.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Provide a 7×24 on call support for the operations infrastructure.
- Infrastructure management, maintaining overall network systems within the office.
- Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
- Providing direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production.
- Designing, implementing and testing agreed-upon infrastructures.
- Automating deployment of applications, system configurations, and security settings.
- Participate in the strategic project-planning meetings to provide insights on operational requirements, risk, and cost vs benefits.
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer and 2+ years previous software development experience.
- Highly proficient in programming with bash, python, or similar scripting language.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Strong understanding of Source Control Tools, CI Tools and Team Management Tools.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS and/or GCP is required).
- Strong understanding of enterprise security requirements.
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Solid experience supporting a 24x7 production environment.
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or similar container and related technologies.
- B.S or higher in Computer Science or related field or comparable professional experience.
Slync.io is excited to offer full-time roles with a competitive base salary, unlimited vacation, comprehensive medical, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance as well as pre-tax flexible spending accounts for transportation commuter benefits, healthcare savings accounts, 401K, and monthly communication allowances. We also host team-building activities and provide a great environment to accelerate your career and personal life.
Slync.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization. Slync.io is an e-Verify company.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Slync.io