- Posted: February 05, 2023
Req ID: 10541
Sloan is the world's leading manufacturer of commercial plumbing systems and has been in operation since 1906. We are at the forefront of the green building movement and provide sustainable restroom solutions. We manufacture water-efficient products including flush valves, electronic faucets, soap dispensing and sink systems along with vitreous china fixtures for commercial, industrial and institutional markets worldwide.
Sloan is looking to hire a Network Engineer to join our team at our corporate headquarters in Franklin Park, IL. The Network Engineer will focus on maintaining, improving, and optimizing the network infrastructure at Sloan. Additionally, the incumbent will perform complex technical and professional work involving the planning, design, implementation and management of networking and security solutions. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Network Manager. The Network Engineer will also provide project leadership and supervision to professional and technical personnel in other departments during project assignments. Other responsibilities include identify, recommend, and implement various processes and technology improvements that maintains and improves Sloan's overall network to be scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Responsible for steady state operations of the network environment inclusive of all network connectivity. Responsible for daily performance and availability of the Sloan network. Address and resolve incidents per ITIL processes for break/fix related issues for the supported environment. Assist in managing the network including capacity, break/fix, network routing, monitoring and availability. Assist other buisness units as needed with network isolation, firewalling malicious traffic and vulnerability management in the network space.
- Manage the LAN / WAN environment including connectivity, routing, monitoring and break/fix. This would include firewalls, routers, switches, access points, and any other network related hardware. Standardized on a refresh cycle for hardware, maintain maintenance contracts and provision services as needed to support business requirements.
- Assist in implementation of new network services aligning to refresh cycle and approved architecture, improved services, or additional business requirements.
- Oversee vendors, contract new services and support the network infrastructure for operations and project implementations. Understand support contracts, license renewals and governance/SLA review of vendor network providers.
- Support of ITIL related processes for change, incident, event and problem management
- Responsible for technical documentation of Network infrastructure and topology
- Oversee and manage the telephony systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a network engineering role within an enterprise environment.
- Experience with enterprise-level network design, engineering, and administration
- Experience with common networking devices such as firewalls, switches, and fabric interconnects. Commonly used brands include Cisco, Meraki, Juniper, Checkpoint, etc.
- Knowledge IP Routing & Switching BGP, OSPF, MPLS, L2-VPNs, technologies, and protocols e.g., Spanning-tree protocol, LACP, BFD, UDLD, etc.
- Knowledge with network firewalls, configuring and troubleshooting app-based, and destination IP based rule sets.
- Experience with Cisco and Meraki AP's and Wireless Controllers to assist with wireless coverage issues
- Understand Fiber, Coax & Ethernet mediums and able to drive new site openings
- Develop multi-functional relationships with development and operations teams
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines with little or no guidance and/or oversight from a project manager
- Manage vendor, plan & coordinate testing (whether done internally or by vendor) and evaluate PoCs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Current Cisco CCNA certification is preferred
- Experience with technical project management skills, ITIL processes, strong analytical and organizational skill
- Travel- 25%
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, HSA and FSA
- Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion at Sloan
At Sloan, inclusion and belonging are at the core of what we do every day, and we empower and celebrate the diversity of our workforce. We encourage and value different perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, and solutions. Be your authentic self at Sloan.
We Are Proud Partners With the Chicago Cubs
We are a Legacy Partner of the Chicago Cubs and we are proud to be the organization's official water efficiency partner! Through this relationship, which includes the naming rights to Sloan Park, the Cubs' Spring Training facility in Mesa, Arizona, we have had the opportunity to promote our brand and continue our water conservation efforts in the city of Chicago and around the world
JOIN AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
For additional company information please visit our website at www.sloan.com
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressFranklin Park, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Sloan
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?