Transportation Logistics Analyst (PART TIME)
SlingShot Connections Monterey, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FRIDAY & SATURDAY Schedule
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Logistics Analyst provides analytical support in the areas of supplier sourcing, procurement, compliance, and
analysis of the business with transportation suppliers and logistics operations through supply chain. Provides
analytical support and recommends solutions process efficiencies and improvements to logistics. Works
collaboratively across supply chain and other business functional areas.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
• Leads, supports, and participates in transportation capacity sourcing, supplier vetting, on-boarding, and
enterprise supplier analysis and management activities.
• Responsible for gathering, interpreting, analyzing, and presenting logistics sourcing and procurement data from
supply chain and logistics systems and data sources to support business objectives.
• Ensures prompt analysis and decision making to resolve day to day logistics issues.
• Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit
analysis and problem analysis, while executing day-to-day processes related to area of responsibility.
• Identifies, recommends, supports, and champions process improvements as required to ensure SOPs are
defined and implemented based on expertise and industry best practices.
• Analyzes data regarding demand vs. forecast, production vs. plan, inventory levels, services levels, and resource
productivity. Prepares weekly/monthly reports on operational and financial metrics.
• At direction of logistics ops management and logistics leadership provides capacity/rate solutions for customers
proformas or other inbound and outbound service needs.
• Conducts analysis and cost studies to support carrier negotiations and rate proposals.
• Advises management of potential critical issues to mitigate and ensures the timely delivery of product to the
• Maintains information such as lanes, rates, and tariffs in transportation systems.
• Works in a collaborative way with other members of supply chain departments.
• Provides support and acts as a backup to Logistics Planner position.
• Review and approve freight invoices and exceptions.
• Support claims process by helping to file and collect claims.
• Ensures the integrity and continued operation of the food safety system in the event of organizational or personnel
changes within the company or associated facilities
• Supports and contributes to logistics and transportation projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
• 3-5 years’ experience as a logistics analyst, planner, specialist or like positions in supply chain functions in a high
volume (Warehouse, Shipping/Receiving, Logistics, Customer Service) consumer package goods or food company
• Demonstrated skills and capabilities in working with company business data and systems with ability to analyze and
present findings across different levels of the organization
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of transportation functions and life cycle of transportation transactions
from capacity sourcing to payment.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of multi modal transportation operations, activities, transactions
• Cold Chain and temperature control transportation experience a significant plus
• Knowledge and experience of inbound and outbound transportation supply chain operations / activity to support
Plant/Manufacturing/Distribution operations in a multi-facility network.
• Computer experience with above average proficiency in working with business/supply chain systems, databases,
and high proficiency with Microsoft Windows / Office programs – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with web and/or cloud-based Logistics or Transportation Management Systems a strong plus
• Problem solving and resolution skills in varied situations
• Ability to demonstrate good judgement in deciding how to handle work-related situations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deliver to timelines, and with urgency as required
• Capable of working independently with minimal direction
• Team player and proven ability to work in a collaborative, cross functional environment
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor’s degree with preference in supply chain or logistics management, business, operations,
mathematics, or equivalent / relevant experience
SlingShot ConnectionsWhy Work Here?
Great company to have on your resume and provides you with the opportunity to grow!
The SlingShot advantage is our talent team’s focus on candidate relationships. Innovative, creative recruiting and placement are our priorities. With our agents’ long-time industry experience, SlingShot Connections prides itself on the ability to secure in-demand talent and expertly match it to individual company cultures.
Transportation and Storage