Administer the City's Records Management Program. Serve as the official record keeper of the City by managing and maintaining all permanent records and information, including resolutions, ordinances, minutes, franchise agreements, joint powers agreements, consultant and professional services agreements and historic records.
- Process and respond to public records requests
- Receive complaints, claims against the City, subpoenas, summons, and appeals
- Coordinate publishing/posting of Public Hearing notices relating to City Council items
- Coordinate Municipal Code updates online and in print
- Produce Candidate Election Guide and Nomination packet and assist candidates through the election process
- Serve as the City Election Official for all municipal elections, including performing all duties regarding any municipal election in accordance with State law
- Manage official FPPC filings
Serve as Secretary to the City Council, including preparing agendas and meeting packets, attending meetings and operating recording/audio streaming and voting equipment during meetings, recording and preparing minutes, publishing/posting of adopted ordinances, processing of adopted resolutions and contracts, coordinating and maintaining portion of web page having to do with City Council meetings, approved minutes, and resolutions, editing and uploading of audio and video post meeting
- Track State mandated training of Council Members
- Register and Coordinate arrangements for Council training and conferences
- Oversee Biennial review and updating of City's Conflict of Interest Code and other annual postings such as Maddy Act postings
- Conduct recruitment for City Council vacancies, Site and Architectural Commission, Better Streets Commission, Youth Commission, Monte Sereno rep to the VTA Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board and Monte Sereno Rep on the Saratoga Library Commission
- Coordinate annual City-wide (resident) picnic
- Serve as Youth Commission Staff Liaison. including producing agenda, attending meetings and assisting with coordination of various Youth Commission events including Annual Ice Cream Social
- Authorized signatory on City warrants and bank accounts for transfers etc.
- Coordinate Weed Abatement Program (City) Process
- Coordinate Brush Abatement Program (City) Process
- Process Rose Andrews Special District Assessment (Lighting District) for entry on County property tax rolls.
- Process Police Service Tax for entry on County property tax rolls.
- When needed provide backup coverage for the front counter including intake of planning and building permit applications and plans, providing general information and issuance of certain building permits.