Seeking an energetic, proactive and motivated Student Services Administrative Associate to support portfolio programs.
Exciting opportunity for someone with strong student support skills and the cross functional ability to work closely with students and staff. The emphasis of this role is on providing organized support in all areas of Student Services with the aim to provide staff and students with the highest professional support standards. This position involves a big emphasis on providing student support via email and telephone. These principles make this position an intensely creative and rewarding team-centric environment to work within.
This dynamic role will focus on interpreting and administering policies and procedures regarding program applications, course advising, enrollment requirements, tuition payments and other academic administrative services. This role will assist the advancement of student support processes and technology and will be required to engage, learn and actively collaborate within the student services community.
· Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required
· Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures
· Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing and operating conference, seminars and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors
· Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures and displays
· Plan and schedule calendar (s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university and sponsor policies
· Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies
· Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed
· Coordinate office moves
· May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives
· Track completion of required training
· Maintain approved content on websites
· May perform human resources transactional support e.g. time cards, I9s and/or faculty affairs support
· May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines and reviewing work for quality and timeliness
· High school diploma and 3 years of administrative experience or combination of education and relevant experience
· Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications
· Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task