Director, Platform Engineering
- $176,000 to $215,000 Yearly
New York, remote US
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family's pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We're growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That's where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Empower local business owners with an incredible app-based ordering experience that both delights their customers and keeps them coming back for more.
As the leader of our Platform Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in streamlining our software development processes and ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of applications or services. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, automate key processes, establish CI/CD pipelines, leverage cloud technologies, and promote a culture of continuous learning and improvement. Strong problem-solving, communication, and technical skills are essential for this role.
Your team would include managing a collaborative group of Platform Engineers working remotely and in-person at our offices in Skopje, New York City, and Belfast. You would also partner cross-functionally with such teams as Product Engineering, Data Engineering, Product Analytics and Marketing on product launches and ad hoc efforts. This role would report to the VP of Security and Platform Engineering.
The Winning Recipe
We're looking for a leader with a deep understanding of Platform Engineering and DevOps principles, along with exceptional leadership and collaboration skills to drive cross-team initiatives:
- 10+ years of experience in platform engineering or DevOps roles, with a strong focus on leadership and cross-team collaboration.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing engineering teams, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS
- Expertise in containerization and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong familiarity with infrastructure as code (IAC) practices, leveraging tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record of successfully driving cross-team initiatives and collaborating with diverse teams to deliver business outcomes.
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Flexible PTO
- Market leading medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching up to 4%
- Monthly wellness reimbursement/stipend
- Weekly pizza stipend (Yes, that's a thing!)
Salary Range: $176k - $215k OTE + benefits.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
The Hiring Process
Here's what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-2 weeks to complete and you'd be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting with TA
- 60 minutes with the hiring manager
- Two 60 min meetings with Peers
- 60 min meeting with Platform Engineering Team
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.
SliceNew York, NY
EngineeringView All Slice Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.