Sletten Construction Great Falls, MT
- Expired: November 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide complete management duties and over-sight for one or multiple construction projects. Will take the lead on preparing estimates from project documents for waste water treatment plants and water reclamation facilities (bid-build, design-build, CMAR, etc.). Report directly to Division Manager.
1. Plan, organize and assist in staffing key field positions.
2. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate and division policy.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
4. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget. Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
5. Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
6. Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
7. Assist with project pursuit and procurement including preparation of RFQ responses and Interviews.
8. Develop estimates.
9. Prepare subcontracts.
10. Maintain/update project schedule.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education and experience requirements include: four-year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent and five or more years of applied experience in construction management with emphasis on industrial or mechanical experience, design, finance and project management.
Applicant must possess the following skills:
Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
Developed thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project success
Maintains superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.)
Must be a business-oriented person and act professionally when representing the employer at any level
Developed office management and organizational skills
Ability to travel to out-of-town projects and/or commute as needed based on the assigned projects
Read and understand Sletten Safety Policy
Maintain familiarity with SDS and OSHA general knowledge
This position reports directly to the Division Manager or Senior Project Manager.
This position makes decisions and recommendations, which can greatly impact corporate relationships with Clients and project profitability.
The Industrial Division focuses on construction and construction management delivery of waste water treatment plans for all of Sletten Construction Company.
The Industrial Division basis of operation is out of the Great Falls office, but travel to projects out-of-town may be required with this position. Either positioned at the out-of-town project for the duration or travel on a regular basis may be required. All travel expenses are covered by the Company.
Construction and Design industry memberships are encouraged.
Excel, Microsoft Word, P6 Scheduling, Power Point, Procore, E-mail
Contract & Negotiating
Estimating and Scheduling
Budgeting & Cost Accounting
Knowledge of Safety, Environmental & EEO Requirements
Time Management Skills
EOE, M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. Competitive compensation and benefits package with employee-owned company.
AddressGreat Falls, MT
ConstructionView all jobs at Sletten Construction