- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We at Sleep Outfitters will be a sleep industry leader. We are passionate about finding the right options for every unique need. Not only do we value our guests, we value our co-workers and communities. We take pride in the open, friendly, and transparent environment that is built within our walls. We strive for excellence in our products, services, and the way in which we conduct ourselves. At Sleep Outfitters, you will be part of so much more than a sleep industry, but an authentic community. At Sleep Outfitters we have a lucrative commission structure, bonus plan, and exceptional employee purchase program. On average our Sales team makes $45,000-$55,000, with our top performers making $100,000.00!!
We encourage you to apply and discover what sets Sleep Outfitters apart from the rest of the industry.
Responsible for performing sales related duties while selling merchandise and products to individuals in a store showroom. Sales associate shall maintain a high level of customer service at all times. Sales associates will work under the general direction of the store manager and in the absence of the store manager be able to operate the store in a manner consistent with company policy. The sales associate will also be responsible for implementing field-level marketing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Meet personal sales goals in order to help store and market attain revenue projections.
- Learn and present product to customers in order to sell merchandise.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers.
- Work with the store manager to meet all corporately set store sales budgets.
- Focus on improving and meeting company sales metric standards, including average ticket, gross margin, close rate, and balance of share.
- Work under the general direction of the Store Manager and District Manager.
- Keep training and education current on product, sales process, and operational procedures.
- Review sales order tickets to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct two-day call aheads and write thank you cards in a timely manner.
- Ensure that company policy is followed regarding cleanliness of store.
- Maintain stock levels and keep accurate inventory.
- Ensure customer receives product in an efficient, timely manner.
- Responsible for following banking procedures.
- Responsible for following all operational procedures in regards to delivery, transfer, loss control, and inventory management standards.
- Ensure that visual merchandising standards are followed in the showroom location, including placement of POP materials, floor layouts, and other visual merchandising strategies designed by corporate.
- Responsible for completing a mandatory number of business to business sales calls each week.
- Engage in marketing initiative efforts to help increase customer base including, B2B sales, community events, guerilla marketing, and other networking and prospecting campaigns.
- Write and send thank you cards to follow-up with all customers.
- Help with the coordination of sales promotion activities, such as tent sales, for key events at store location.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and skills:
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
IDEAL CANDIDATE POSSESSES THESE ATTRIBUTES:
Education: HS Degree, Some college preferred
Experience: One to two years related experience
Computer Skills: MS Office products
Other Requirements: Must be able to lift 50lbs
Work Environment / Physical Requirements: This position does require weekend hours, as well as hours during key sales events including holidays.
Sleep OutfittersWhy Work Here?
Sleep Outfitters offers a sense of community within the workplace while promoting self growth and upward mobility.
It is our mission to be the nation’s leading sleep solutions provider. Our guest education, industry-leading products, shopping environment, outfitting process, premium in-home delivery and comprehensive guest care will make it easy for our customers to get their best sleep possible. Sleep Outfitters provides Smarter Sleep Solutions for our customers by our values of being Passionate, Accountable, Credible, & Trustworthy!