Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Greet patients, answer telephone, schedule and confirm appointments.
· Collect patient data through patient interview (height, weight) and through the use of medical equipment (i.e., blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, and electrocardiograms as requested by physician)
· Collect samples through venipuncture, urine collection, or other methods as required.
· Process laboratory samples (complete necessary paperwork, centrifuge samples, place in appropriate vessels or vials, and properly store samples until ready to ship to lab).
· Ensure proficiency with the use of laboratory and diagnostic equipment. Maintain any required certifications or training for using EKG or other machines.
· Ensure up-to-date calibration on analytical instrumentation. Maintain temperature logs for refrigerators. Break down expired lab kits.
· Maintain a safe and clean lab in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and OSHA guidelines (i.e., eye wash, maintenance, etc.)
· Maintain laboratory stock in all exam rooms, order supplies and keep stock on hand as appropriate. Unpack lab kits and place in appropriate exam rooms.
· Maintain laboratory notebooks, archives, and sample or specimen repository.
· Adhere to industry and government standards regarding safe handling of biohazardous materials.
· Comply with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs).
· Behave in a cooperative and constructive manner; follow all company policies as well as state, local, federal and other applicable laws and guidelines; comply with all job-specific requirements.
Hours of Responsibility:
Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm, on-site. Additional hours may be required due to business needs.
Education and/or Experience
Medical Assistant Certificate, certified phlebotomist, or EKG technician, or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year of experience working in a medical environment, performing similar duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MSOffice products including Word, Outlook, and Excel.