Sleep Medicine clinic is seeking a qualified Medical Assistant for a full-time position. Ideal Candidate must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment and communicate effectively. Must possess excellent attention to detail and be able to work effectively under minimal supervision. Works directly with our Board Certified Sleep Specialist, mid-level providers, and independently.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phone calls, type with accuracy and reasonable speed, fax and route mail.
- Prepare paperwork/packet for clinic.
- Greet, check-in, and check-out patients, collect co-payments.
- Data entry using an EMR system: enter patient demographics, schedule patient appointments (ECW preferred)
- Request/Review patient records
- Process referrals and obtain insurance precertification and benefits verification
- Preparation for doctor's examination, record purpose of visit, current medications, blood pressure, height, weight, etc.
- Refer patients for sleep studies and/or any test requested by the provider
- Dispense durable medical equipment to treat sleep disorders
- Dispense Home Sleep Testing equipment
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor/physician.
Skills & experience:
- Certified Medical Assistant or equivalent education or experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, motivated team player.
- Self-starter / time management skills
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records) (eClinicalWorks preferred)
Benefits for full-time employees:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
Reply with a brief statement explaining why you'd make a good addition to the team. Please attach resume and references in MS word or PDF format. References must include two supervisors minimum and 1 coworker. Please specify their positions & location. Only qualified applicants will be contacted, mahalo!