Sleep Medicine clinic is seeking a qualified Medical Assistant for a full-time position. Ideal Candidate must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment and communicate effectively. Must possess excellent attention to detail and be able to work effectively under minimal supervision. Works directly with our Board Certified Sleep Specialist, mid-level providers, and independently.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phone calls, type with accuracy and reasonable speed, fax and route mail.
- Prepare paperwork/packet for clinic.
- Greet, check-in, and check-out patients, collect co-payments.
- Data entry using an EMR system: enter patient demographics, schedule patient appointments (ECW preferred)
- Request/Review patient records
- Process referrals and obtain insurance precertification and benefits verification
- Preparation for doctor's examination, record purpose of visit, current medications, blood pressure, height, weight, etc.
- Refer patients for sleep studies and/or any test requested by the provider
- Dispense durable medical equipment to treat sleep disorders
- Dispense Home Sleep Testing equipment
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor/physician.
Skills & experience:
- Certified Medical Assistant or equivalent education or experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, motivated team player.
- Self-starter / time management skills
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records) (eClinicalWorks preferred)
Benefits for full-time employees:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
Reply with a brief statement explaining why you'd make a good addition to the team. Please attach resume and references in MS word or PDF format. References must include two supervisors minimum and 1 coworker. Please specify their positions & location. Only qualified applicants will be contacted, mahalo!
Sleep Center HawaiiSleep Center Hawaii is the largest medical sleep center in the state, with a total of 12 beds. We have locations in Aiea, Hilo, and Kona. All of our centers are furnished like upscale hotel rooms. All of our labs are accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. This is the highest award possible, with only 2500 accredited centers worldwide.