Outside Sales – Distribution & Specification
Slater Lighting – Southwest Florida (Marco to Port Charlotte)
OVERVIEW: Drive new lighting sales by working with local distributors and specifiers. Some of your customers will be electrical supply houses, showrooms, architects, designers, etc. Success in this position is achieving stocking programs with distributors, earning opportunities at crossover quotes, and getting product specified with the design/build community. The position involves daily travel within the South West Florida region. Candidate should be knowledgeable, enthusiast, and passionate about building relationships.
ABOUT SLATER LIGHTING: We are a lighting agency that wholesales products within South Florida. We call on both commercial and residential customers and represent lighting brands from both sides as well. Our value add to the market place is exceptional service, scary fast response time, and honest pricing. We are a young, aggressive, and growth-oriented company with a team first culture, looking for like-minded lighting professionals.
- The ability to develop deep relationships with local distributors and specifiers
- Track record of success in sales
- 3+ years of lighting experience preferred
- A working knowledge and familiarity with Cad drawings, photometry, and submittals
- Great conflict resolution and ability to remain composed in stressful situations
- Prefer someone who already has some relationships with local lighting distribution and specifiers
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job
- Ensure quick and proper response to all customer requests
- Excellent use of technology: smart phone, google office suite, salesforce, dropbox, etc.
- Exhibits enthusiasm and understands the significance of relationships
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver license and good driving record
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Full health benefits paid for after 90 days
- Full time employment
- 2 week’s paid vacation