- 1 year experience minimum
- Salary: $35,000 - $40,000 DOE
- Work from home or in the Slate office
- We operate during normal business hours but offer some flexibility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Writing, editing and proofing:
- email newsletters
- press releases
- social media posts
- website content
- publication articles
- Social media scheduling
- Assist CEO and Communications Manager
- Support the Communications Specialists
- Edit, upload and migrate website content for project managers
- Assist and monitor social media outreach efforts
- Coordinate production with external vendors including marketing agencies, mail houses, printers, media and independent contractors
- Organize photo and video libraries
- Assist with building email newsletters
- Coordinate staff involvement in various types of public events
- Light data entry for clients in Hubspot platform
- Coordinate the completion of new business proposals
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the necessary functions of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with the Slate team, third party vendors, clients and the general public
- Proficient in use of a personal computer and a variety of software packages, including Word, Power Point, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google and project management programs.
- Experience with website CMS (WordPress) required
- Proficiency in all aspects of social media, including best practices on approved platforms, metric tracking and promotions
- Proficient building email newsletters in Mailchimp, Constant Contact or other email platform
- Experience scheduling social media posts and working in a HootSuite or Sprout Social scheduling platform
- Organizational and technical skills to manage website updates and website content migration
- Ability to research, write and edit information to develop a final product that is customer-friendly
- Applicant must be detailed oriented and include their favorite candy in their cover letter
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet strict deadlines
- Familiarity with local municipal government policies, public works, planning, development, transportation trends and best practices highly desired
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field from an accredited college or university, 1 year or more related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency with AP Style required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and otherwise performs duties in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Please take a look at our site to see if you're interested in what we do:
Why Work Here?Slate Communications is a marketing and PR firm which specializes in local government and tourism communications. We're a boutique shop that's been around for more than six years. We built a great working environment with a great staff. Please take a look at our site to see if you're interested in what we do: http://slatecommunications.com/
Our amazing team helps make communities better places to live by helping local governments communicate.
Fort Collins, CO