Restaurant General Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for you with Slapfish a Modern Seafood Shack well-known for inventive and responsibly-sourced seafood dishes. SLAPFISH offers a new perspective on “boat to plate” dining. SLAPFISH brings you classic American seafood, redefined with a fresh attitude, simple flavors and a healthy smack of the gourmet. No white tablecloths or fancy silverware, just a boatload of deliciousness in a casual setting.
What we offer:
- Meal discounts
- Eligible employees can take advantage of our benefits/401k
- Growth opportunities – training and development
- Perkspot – corporate perks program
- Zayzoom – On demand pay advances
- Shoes for Crews
- Company paid Food Handler and Alcohol certifications
- Flex scheduling
- Bridgewise – advance purchase of goods and services
Experience / Knowledge Requirements
- 5+ years of hospitality management experience.
- College degree in hospitality management or acceptable experience in the industry.
- Must be friendly and guest service oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must have a positive attitude and ethics which support our values and culture
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency
- Drive results through influence and coaching success routines and brand standards
- Able to understand English and to follow verbal and written directions
- Drive reliability, superior operations and financial performance
- Thorough understanding of restaurant operations
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant achieving defined organizational results.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Must be ServSafe certified; will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct training, explain the restaurant history, and oversee restaurant orientation.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Follow all policies and procedures of MH Restaurants.
- Attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- Perform other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
- Maintain dress code and uniform standard.
- Complete required training assigned through the company training portal.
- Adhere to consistent and reliable work schedule.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices and integrity in all interactions to uphold the MHRG brand.
- Effectively perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to build trust with varying styles and personalities
- Detail oriented, organized and efficient
- Learns quickly and has ability to give direction
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work productively with little supervision in a team environment
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Must possess neat and clean hygiene
Want to join the fun? Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Slapfish is a well-established restaurant concept that has growth opportunities for team members in a full-service casual dining restaurant company. At Slapfish, you can grow your career with us. We offer great restaurant culinary careers for cooks (concinero / cocinera) who have back of house cooking, chef, sauté cook or grill cook kitchen experience in a high volume restaurant environment#SourcingPro #11uv #date031723 #slapfish602gm
FoodView All Slapfish Jobs
Get fresh Restaurant General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.