Skywalker Holdings, LLC San Anselmo, CA
- Posted: 23 days ago
Skywalker and PWP, LLC is seeking a short-term Construction Administrator to assist with the administrative support for multiple, simultaneous residential construction projects. This is a 3-12month project position.
The Administrator is responsible for the coordination of administrative activities related to design and construction projects. The Adminsitrator will assist and facilitate activities on multiple, simultaneous, substantially complex, high-end residential construction projects while working in a team-orientated environment. Responsibilities include organizing all project communications, invoicing, change-orders, setting up file systems, standardizing meetings and record-keeping, and coordinating across all communication channels.Moderate travel will be required for meetings, design information gathering, and construction support. Must possess the highest ethical standards and confidentiality, knowledge of residential construction practices, standards and codes and be familiar with contract administration, including subcontracts, insurance, billings and waivers.
High End Residential Construction Administration:
- Maintain project administrative systems: files, RFIs, communication process.
- Assist PM with site set-up/mobilization needs.
- Set-up meetings and record keeping as needed.
- Coordinate information flow between entities.
- Review owner contracts for specific job requirements and overall general conditions and notify team accordingly.
- Preparation and issuance of subcontracts, purchase orders and subcontractor change orders.
- General administrative organization of all paperwork, filing, accounting to set up new vendors.
- Track and verify vendor/subcontractor insurance requirements, obtain insurance certificates, review for compliance and maintain per project.
- Effectively communicate project issues as they relate to your responsibilities with PM and other team members.
- Review and verify accuracy of monthly subcontractor invoices, including lien releases. Resolution with vendors and PM in regards to differences in amounts invoiced.
- Ensure change order documentation is communicated and maintained
- Under the PMs guidance, efficient distribution of approved project plans, specifications and other documents to subcontractors, field personnel, etc.
- Track subcontractor and vendor lien waivers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Engineer, Project Manager, Superintendent, Business Unit Leader, or Executive Team.
Education / Experience:
- BS degree preferred, in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or construction related field.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Sound technical knowledge of construction with a minimum of 2 years in administrative role for residential projects in Marin County
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and complete work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize work with interdisciplinary teams with appropriate attention to detail.
- Candidates must possess excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills, be adept in working with third party contractors, have proven ability to convey a professional image while building and sustaining client relationships, and must be comfortable in a building construction environment.
- Project Management communication
- MS office suite of software including MS Project
- Knowledge of AutoCad or Revit design software or equivalent.
- On-line document management and transfer
Skywalker Holdings, LLC
AddressSan Anselmo, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Skywalker Holdings, LLC