Do you love IT but don't want to keep working on the same environment every day?
Do you enjoy implementing new IT technology and solutions?
Virtualization & Cloud Experience A MUST! Linux experience a plus!
Skyriver IT is looking for a unique person that has the technical ability and knowledge to work on multiple IT environments and projects to successfully plan, implement, and document solutions for clients.
WORK ETHIC : Make your own schedule and track your time. We don't micro-manage and believe that our people are responsible to get the work done.
COMPENSATION : $100,000+ DOE + Health Benefits+401K Matching
TEAM ATMOSPHERE : In addition to connecting every day, we have weekly all-employee meetings where we catch up and provide what we learned throughout the week as well as scheduled team building outings.
RESPECT : We do not judge and respect each other's views and personality. This also reflects in how we treat our clients and how we are treated by customers... respect goes into everything that we do.
TEAMWORK : Know that you have a secondary person that will assist you and a team lead that works with you directly to make you better. We offer a unique environment where individual engineers are empowered to make decisions, but are also backed up by a supportive team.
OWNERSHIP : With Skyriver IT, you have the opportunity to setup and maintain well working IT environments. In order to accomplish this, we give you access to the best tools in the industry.
NEVER A DULL MOMENT : IT is constantly changing so we ensure that you have the ability to work on new networks and environments. Business as usual to us means being on-the-go and meeting exciting companies in San Diego to build their IT infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Server and systems migration to the cloud (Microsoft and Amazon)
- Deploy and configure servers, workstations (Windows & Mac), networks and virtual environments
- Interact with customers in an effective and professional manner
- Project communication to team, points of contact, and end users
- Document daily work through ticketing system and knowledge base
- Project and support documentation creation into the knowledge base
- First day of support for solution implementations
- Ensure successful project handoffs to primary engineers and clients
- 7+ years of experience in the IT field
- 2+ years working with multiple environments in network support and management
- Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016
+ MCSA Server is desirable
- Virtualization (VMWare ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-v)
+ Setup, Clustering, and Upgrading
- Cloud Infrastructure (Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS)
- Active Directory Domain Services
+ Setup and Migration
- Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016
- Solid knowledge of network protocols and fundamentals
+ CompTIA Net + is desirable
- Experience in firewall and VPN setups
+ Experience working with Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA, and SonicWALL is desirable
- Professional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills