- Receiving all authorizations for all in-office procedures and surgeries.
- Manage correspondence with insurance companies, physicians, specialists and patients as required
- Ensure that pre-authorization information is properly updated in patient's EHR profile.
- Assist with medical necessity documentation to expedite approvals and ensure that appropriate follow-up is performed.
- Collaborate with other departments to assist in obtaining pre-authorizations in a cross functional manner.
- Receive requests for pre-authorizations and ensure that they are properly and closely monitored.
- Meet all deadlines prior to surgery.
- Complies to HIPAA policies and regulations
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must maintain strong, professional verbal communication skills with external patients and internal customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to type.
- Must be able to lift and carry approximately 25 pounds
- Ability to use Compulink proficiently
- Good telephone etiquette
- General Math Skills
- High School Diploma / GED