- Greets patients and introduces self prior to eye exam.
- Explain to patient what patient should expect from exam.
- Review patient history including past medical history, family medical history, and chief complaint prior to exam.
- Checks patient’s uncorrected and corrected visual acuity for distance and near when applicable.
- Assists with contact lens fittings when needed.
- Does patient education in the office and on the telephone. Ensures appropriate documentation is available on patients’ charts.
- Ensures appropriate supplies/equipment is available and functional for patient care according to office policy and procedures.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining medical records and operating procedures.
- Attends required staff and educational meetings as requested.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
- Maintains current licensure.
- Responsible for a complete knowledge and adherence of all HIPAA, OSHA compliance plans, policies and procedures.
- Assist patients to receptionist desk after completed exam.
- Performs one or more of the following exams: Ishira Color Vision, Sterop, W4D, Amsler, Confrontational Visual Fields (CVF), Extra Ocular Movements (EOMs), and Titmus Stereo Testing.
- Preforms appropriate assessment beginning of exam.
- Must maintain a calm and patient attitude when working with all patients. Demonstrating the up most courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/stretch/bend in providing patient care.
- Auditory and visual acuity.
- Manual dexterity for operating office/medical equipment.
- High level of mental awareness.
- Must be able to travel
Education / Experience
*High School Diploma / GED
1+ years experience in an Ophthalmic or Optometry clinic REQUIRED