Immediate Openings for CNC Operator 1st and 2nd Shift!!
Performs advanced setup operations, adjusts and checks out programming and operates numerically controlled machines tools to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations.
Job Duties :
Performs all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other safety concerns to the supervisor.
• Ability to follow written instructions and read blueprints specifications and 3+ years of experience, or equivalent.
• Setups involve familiarity with and understanding of program formats involving combinations of operations such as profile and contour milling, boring, recessing, turning, drilling threading, etc.
• Select, load and test program, modify the program and make necessary machine feed, speed, and axis point adjustments.
• Set up equipment, install tools and fixtures, make machine control settings, run first piece sample parts, check for required specifications and run the job.
• Monitor machine operation and check parts throughout the run and make necessary adjustments to ensure part specification and quality standards are maintained.
• Replace, reset and sharpen tools when necessary.
• Perform general machine maintenance, clean machine, check oil and coolant levels and add as necessary, ensure reflectors, switches, and air cylinders are functioning properly.
• Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements.
Troubleshoot problems, respond to the alarm, retrace program to locate the problem and make necessary corrections.
• Unload machine and table from night run, check product quality and place materials in proper containers. • Perform equipment repair functions, diagnose breakdowns, disassemble equipment and replace defective machine components, units, and parts.
• Other duties as assigned or as required. Required Knowledge and Skills: • Ability to read and understand blueprints.
• Use micrometers, calipers, coordinate measuring machine, hand power tools, hoists, lift trucks, and hand tools
. • Proficient in horizontal and vertical Lathes and Mills. • Knowledge of Mazak Mills machines
. • Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel, etc.)
• Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Requires a broad knowledge of machining techniques and familiarity with computer numerically controlled machine tool operating procedures.
• Frequently perform basic calculations (lengths, weight, amps, etc.)
• Good verbal/written communication skills
• The operator must be able to run more than one machine.
• Detects, diagnoses, inspects, interprets, measures, observes, prioritizes, reads, speaks, summarize, and use good judgment.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams