Sales and Marketing Manager: Manufactured Housing
Skyline Corporation Arkansas City, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the Sales Department. Responsible for the day to day management of the plant sales force including account planning and sales activity management. Makes recommendations to the Plant General Manager with respect to the best interests of the Company wherever Marketing and Sales activities are involved. Participate in daily Sales & Operations Planning at the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the Plant Marketing and Sales objectives in conjunction with the General Manager and manage the Sales Department to meet or exceed the targets.
- Develop and implement sales plans to ensure the right products are at the right locations in the right markets in sufficient quantities to meet sales & market share objectives.
- Instill a "We are Fun and Easy to do Business With" mindset within the Sales department.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure sufficient In-Plant and In-Field Dealer Sales Training.
- Plan, coordinate and promote regional trade and local factory shows as appropriate.
- Maintain cost control to ensure efficient and effective operation of department within budget.
- Perform regular market research & competitive analysis to ensure the correct product is being marketed.
Directly supervise employees in the Sales Department. Carry out responsibilities in accordance with corporate policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills both internal (Champion) and external (Customers)
- Must have a great work ethic
- Must lead with courage
- Must have the ability to develop people
- Must have the ability to build a cohesive results-oriented team
- Must live the Champion Operating Principles
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous sales experience in manufactured/modular housing desired
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
Champion Home Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressArkansas City, KS
BusinessView all jobs at Skyline Corporation