Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Skydweller is a U.S. - Spanish aerospace company developing renewably powered aircraft capable of achieving perpetual flight with the most powerful payload capacity.
Utilizing technology based upon the longest continuous solar powered flight program in history, our fast-growing start up is defining a new class of unmanned aircraft, empowering a more secure and connected world.
- Work in all stages of the system development cycle including requirements/CONOPs, high-level design, detailed design and implementation, integration, and ground/flight test
- Provide assessments of vehicle-level guidance, navigation, and control characteristics in support of subsystem definition including sensor selection, actuation architecture, and vehicle layout
- Define, design, and implement simulation, analysis, and testing architecture and tools for vehicle control characteristics and algorithms
- Design and implement flight control laws, logic, and controllers
- Design and implement physics-based and empirical models for a variety of subsystems and physical processes (aerodynamics, landing gear, actuators, propulsion, etc.)
- Perform data reduction from ground and flight tests for model validation and verification including performance, stability, and dynamic derivatives estimation
- Work with related organizations such as software and laboratory engineers to establish common software development methods, environment and interfaces
- B.S. In Aerospace Engineering or B.S. Electrical Engineering or B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Solid theoretical background in control, dynamics applied to aerospace
- Demonstrated experience in controller development, design, modelling, and analysis
- Good programming skills with MATLAB/Simulink and Python
- History of deploying, integrating and field-testing design work
- 3+ years of combined professional experience in the various topics above
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering or Related Field with Control Systems, Signal Processing or Autonomy academic background
- Control, Guidance, Navigation or Autonomy Vehicle experience (preferably in the aviation field) via academic projects or professional experience
- Prior role in GNC during an early development/flight test environment
- Flight test experience
- Fluent understanding of embedded software safety critical systems including multi-rate systems, RTOS and multi-layer state machines
- Awareness/Experience in modeling of Aeroservoelastic or Fluid Structure Interactions
- Experience in Vehicle (aircraft or other) Systems Engineering in the areas of design, integration, and test
- Model based design experience
- Experience in AESA/EASA/FAA certification programs
- 6+ years of combined professional experience in the various topics above
Preferred Tool / Process Experience
- ARP 4754
- Guidance Navigation and Control
- Flight Control
- Flight Sciences
- Please only submit your candidacy only once and only for one job type, if you feel that others are interesting to you, please use the notes section to state which other job postings you are interested in.
- Please ensure your resume (CV) is in English
Since BambooHR is 3rd party software, please always check your spam folder for our responses.
Get the word out!
Get a trackable link to share anywhere.Get Job LinkLocation
«Hide Full Job Description
AddressOklahoma City, OK
ManufacturingView all jobs at Skydweller US