Communication and Networking IPT Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Skydweller is a U.S. - Spanish aerospace company developing solar powered aircraft capable of achieving perpetual flight with the most powerful payload capacity. Utilizing technology based upon the longest, continuous solar-powered flight program in history, our fast-growing start-up is defining a new class of unmanned aircraft, empowering a more secure and connected world.
As a multi-national startup, we are committed to hiring the brightest, most passionate aerospace and aviation engineers who are inspired by the idea of working on an ‘aviation first’ project. Representing 17 countries (14 languages spoken!), we have created a diverse and vibrant environment, thriving on collaboration and cross-pollination.
- Oversee the design, development, and test of all mission systems for the Skydweller Unmanned Air System (UAS) including:
- Communications – All equipment on the ground and in the aircraft to establish strong, reliable communications between the aircraft and Ground Control Segment
- Payloads – All mission-level sensors onboard the aircraft (e.g. EOIR, Radar)
- Independently lead and manage as the cost account manager (CAM), a team responsible for the integration of communications (LOS & BLOS), payloads, PED, C2, and other network infrastructures necessary to operate a large UAV.
- Lead design of a secure IP topology for airborne and ground systems capable of flexible payload (trusted and un-trusted) integration
- Lead the performance of trades studies in apertures, link budgets, secure network topologies and cyber security
- Manage cost/schedule/staff and technical elements to deliver an integrated solution
- Manage subcontractors and contractors necessary to complete the product
- Hold and evaluate internal design reviews on the areas of responsibility maintaining the defined technical baseline
- Report regularly to leadership on heath and issues driving IPT performance
- Manage the hardware and software development efforts in a fast-paced team
- Travel as necessary to perform job duties (estimated at 20%)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field and 9+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated history in the aerospace (or potentially similar) industries leading design, build and operational tasks for a team > 20 people as the lead of that group.
- Familiarity and success in technical subcontract management using system engineering processes
- Familiarity with systems engineering and design assurance processes
- Familiarity with value management, scheduling and people leadership processes
- Familiarity with design assurance levels and system certification
- Familiarity with IP network and IP communication elements
- Demonstrated history across all aspects of the systems engineering process: requirements development, design, development, integration, test, verification, and validation.
- Working knowledge of UAV CONOPS and architectures
- Master’s degree in engineering or related field with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Former experience in mission and communication design and development
- Leadership of technical teams above 20ppl
- Familiarity with all aspects of unmanned communication systems
- Strong technical design and development background
- Awareness of software development processes
- Experience with line-of-sight and beyond-line-of-sight (SATCOM) radios and antennas.
- Experience with safety-critical software development
- Strong understanding of IP network architectures
- Knowledge of aircraft telemetry and command and control functions
- Experience with STANAG 4586
Preferred Tools / Process Experience
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Team Center
- Word, Visio
- Catia v5
- Experience with DO-178C
- Experience with DO-254
– IPT: Integrated Product Team Lead
– Technical Manager
– Unmanned Systems
– IP Communications
– Payload Integration
AddressOklahoma City, OK
EngineeringView all jobs at Skydweller US