We are looking for an enthusiastic, people-oriented healthcare professional to join our fortune 500 team! The Pharmacy Claims Specialist functions as the primary contact for our customers/patients, placing the orders for the patient, collaborating and communicating with other departments to ensure unimpeded resolution of customer/patient issues and special projects. We are also in need of Bilingual Spanish candidates.
- Ensures that patient pharmacy needs are fulfilled in a timely, accurate, and service oriented manner and handles refill orders and transfers incoming calls to specialized departments.
- Field incoming calls from customer/patients on a daily basis.
- Contact the pertinent customers/patients on a monthly basis to confirm current prescriptions, changes in prescriptions, or any additional prescriptions.
- Review patient’s medication needs and advises of early/late refills due in Pharmacy Management System (per prescriptions from physicians).
- Inform customer of any changes or delays in their order due to product shortages, product changes, recalls, or back ordered and discontinued products.
- Determine the best delivery method based on the customer “remaining days” supply, delivery location, cost, and product stability.
- Resolve all order discrepancies interfacing with the appropriate departments to ensure resolution.
- Update Pharmacy Management System patient/customer records with all appropriate and necessary documentation.
- Responsible for Medication Profiles and entering and completing enrollment forms.
- Review medication shipment activity and recommends inactivation when indicated.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Healthcare or pharmacy experiences required
- Previous call center experience, strongly preferred.
- Understands the importance of, and demonstrates a customer service philosophy.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English), preferred.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Develop a working knowledge of pharmacy dispensing regulations, data systems, billing practices and policies, and
- standard medical abbreviations and terminology.
- Ability to work independently, under general supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.Compensation: $16.50/HR
Hours: training schedule 8am-4:30pm
After Training 9:00am-6:00P
The SkySource Difference: We are not just another staffing firm! We truly care about our candidates long-term success and how we get there together. So the BIG Question is... How do we get there?
Our team of Recruiters come with 5 plus years of industry experience and are not looking to just find you a job. We truly care about your short-term and long-term career goals and understand what's important in making that next career move. We want to understand what you are looking for from a cultural, compensation and benefits perspective.
Apply today and experience the SkySource difference!