Final Assembly Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you like the challenge of working on things? Do you have mechanical knowledge? You do not need to be a mechanic to be qualified for this position, but you do need to know how to effectively turn a wrench!
KC Tank, a SkyMark Refuelers company, is seeking qualified candidates for a Final Assembly Technician. This position is responsible for the final assembly and quality testing for vacuum truck tanks. This position is located in Kansas City, KS and reports to the Plant Manager.
- Plans and performs a wide variety of fitting, assembly, installation, and alignment of parts to exact engineering tolerances and operating requirements.
- Performs work as outlined on build request order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with engineering standards.
- Finishes the build of all units consistently by utilizing quality standards.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and specifications to determine sequence, tooling requirements, measurements and allowable tolerances.
- Verifies tanks are water-tight.
- Positions and/or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, bolt straps or bolt parts in position.
- Moves parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Properly documents work performed.
- Uses and maintains all necessary shop and personal equipment required to complete repairs or inspections.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean and is accountable for all tools at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Must have quality mechanics tools with upright rolling tool box.
- Must be familiar with shop tools and equipment such as torque wrenches and impact tools.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of safety requirements and practice them.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with all departments.
- Must have good time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to work assigned shift, arriving on time and abiding by all attendance policies.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of mechanical/heavy equipment experience, including the use of mechanical tools.
Employees of SkyMark enjoy a benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision coverage, life and disability insurance and a 401K. Personal Time Off (PTO) is also included.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
827 S 7th StreetKansas City, KS
ManufacturingView all jobs at SkyMark Refuelers
Get fresh Mechanical Assembly Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.