Software Developer (.Net)
- Posted: over a month ago
Overview of Sky Solutions
At Sky Solutions, our team of domain and technical experts deliver healthcare, financial services, public sector, and federal sector solutions that change the way they work and connect with their customers.
Clearance Required: Active DoD Secret Clearance
Certification Required: IAT Level II
Job Location: 100% remote
Defense Media Activity's (DMA) mission is to provide a wide variety of information products to the entire Department of Defense (DoD) family (Active, Guard, and Reserve Military Service Members, Dependents, Retirees, DoD Civilians, and Contract Employees) and external audiences through all available media, including Web and related emerging Internet and other high-quality multimedia products. To meet its mission through Web, the DMA Web Enterprise Business (WEB.mil) solution is built to provide enterprise hosting solutions and a robust distribution system that meets all DoD standards for public viewing.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring, maintaining, and enhancing the content management system software and other products (e.g., web based and non- web based software such as DotNetNuke based AFPIMS CMS, Wordpress-based DODLive, and third-party applications) as required.
- Additional systems support and development may be required (e.g., test developed software on Government and commercial systems, including mobile devices).
- Assist with deployment of DISA security and other Governmental policies relating to software development and related management.
- Develop and implement a test and user acceptance environment to support the installation, development, and updates of software.
- Provide software development and management Support specific to Section 508 compliance for DMA Web Enterprise Business owned, used, and supported content management system, software, and products using industry best practices.
- Support integration and maintenance of third-party software, social media tools, and custom-built software used or managed by DMA into systems and websites.
- Support existing and prospective software solutions as required, and support validation and measurement of software integration in the areas of collaboration, security, accreditation, connected systems, operational efficiency and deployments, installation, testing, documentation, problem resolution and maintenance of the DMA- DEMS/Web.mil production and other related management environments.
Eight (8) years experience as a WD in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required
Demonstrated experience with .NET Visual Basic, HTML & XML to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications
Minimum five (5) years experience developing Windows applications using Visual Studio or .NET environments OR minimum five (5) years experience developing Unix applications using make files or comparable build environment
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- AND MORE!
Sky Solutions LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Sky Solutions LLC