- Posted: 23 days ago
JOB TITLE: Executive Chef
JOB CODE: 390100
EEO CLASS: 1.2
SALARY GRADE: E2
DEPARTMENT: Food Admin
REPORTS TO: VP of F&B
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
# DIRECT REPORTS: Varies
Purpose and function of job.
The Executive Chef is responsible for managing the daily operation of multiple specialty restaurants, high volume casual kitchens and trendy quick service restaurants with a focus on farm to fork wherever possible. This also includes the team member dining room. The Executive chef will be responsible for maintaining quality and consistency of food in the property in addition he will lead the efforts in training and development of all back of house management and hourly staff, scheduling, meeting, or exceeding budgeted labor and other cost centers, as well as overseeing the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, and sanitation. In addition, the Executive Chef ensures excellence in guest satisfaction through effective training of staff, commitment to the “Sky River Spirit”, and a hands-on, lead by example management style.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
List duties in order of time spent or importance. Essential duties and tasks that must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Creates and ensures a fresh, positive, and exciting environment where sanitation, flawless delivery and execution of product excellence and service are paramount.
- Accountable for and dedicated to ensuring service commitments, standards/expectations, financial goals, and policies/procedures are consistently upheld.
- Builds rapport, commitment, and loyalty with peers, associates, and guests.
- Plans all staffing and scheduling for back of the house staff.
- Supervises preparation of daily food orders and monitors food costs.
- Establishes and maintains operational standards in the food production areas.
- Prepares all banquet menus, planning and executions of functions.
- Responsible for specifications and quality of all food products.
- Responsible for staff dining room food production, and quality service.
- Monitors quality, portions and garnishing of food presentations.
- Plans all menus, including special parties and catering functions.
- Supervises and helps train and educate all chefs and cooks. Inspects food preparation processes to be sure that proper standards of taste, quality, quantity, and appearance are maintained.
- Promotes and maintains high standards of sanitation and health in food preparation, storage, personnel, tools, and equipment.
- Schedules and conducts frequent staff meetings to ensure effective communication of events, goals, expectations, training needs, etc.
- Responsible for recruiting, staffing of outlets, retention, employee satisfaction program, striving to create a positive and enhanced work environment.
- Responsible for all Food and Labor Cost budgets; responsible for monthly P&L's.
- Administers all programs to ensure that all Health Department Inspections are of a passing grade, and we are consistently in compliance to the codes.
- Interacts with upper management staff on related departmental and company issues.
- Trains employees to enhance their upward mobility.
- Creates a safe workplace for all employees; oversee that all activities are in accordance with company guidelines.
- Creates positive, productive employee relations within all departments.
- Conceptualizes, writes, and manages all recipes in areas of responsibility.
- Oversees, through the close monitoring of assigned outlets and personnel, food quality, efficiency and utilization of staff, product, and presentation.
- Administers company/departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews menu analysis based on cost, sales, and popularity index to ensure that menu items reflect customer taste and preference.
- Reviews performance of all respective subordinates; administer the performance review process, coaching, and counseling.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education, experience, skills required, equipment used.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts or Industry Equivalent; or equivalent related experience
- 10 years of relevant experience in high volume operations and fine dining, with strong administrative and management background, with 7 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software; and scheduling software.
- Must have well-rounded food background, administrative and people skills
- Must have extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
Is this position responsible for selling, serving, or distributing alcoholic beverages or do they have comp authority? No
Gaming License Required? Yes, Wilton Rancheria Gaming Commission
Other Certifications? Sanitation, ServSafe
Note: This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive. It may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Company is committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. We welcome the strength of diversity in our workforce.
Sky River Casino
AddressElk Grove, CA
FoodView all jobs at Sky River Casino
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?