Application Testing Technician
- Expired: June 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Functional Responsibilities:
- Serve as test lead and alpha tester for mobile and desktop app development and Skullcandy production apps.
- Assist App Solutions Architect to formulate comprehensive testing strategies for app releases, considering business needs, requirements, and design intents to efficiently define testing plans.
- Execute functional testing to ensure features meet the desired software specifications and consumer experience.
- Perform thorough regression testing and user testing of development build combined with audio product firmware across multiple devices with a focus on finding, reporting, and reproducing bugs and glitches.
- Provide first-level triage and reproduction of customer reported issues.
- Generate reports and issues logs detailing products and features tested. Document test case coverage.
- Coordinate extended internal testing needs and external testing resources, organize testing groups and consolidate test group feedback while adhering to tight deadlines in release schedules.
- As testing needs grow, support app and development teams with automated testing and/or device emulation tools where necessary.
- Working knowledge of creating best in class test cases, functional testing, and regression testing cycles.
- Work cooperatively with Product Quality and Product Engineering teams where bugs may stem from product firmware or hardware capacity.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of application testing by implementing processes and software over time to enable quick and effective testing and tracking of results. Work to increase test coverage across platforms, devices, and software versions.
- Manage language translations across new language requests through translations process and validations cycles, maintain and support ongoing localization efforts with AppLanga/Transperfect and development teams.
- Respond to app reviews and analyze feedback to continuously improve the app.
- Serve as the liaison between the App Team and the Customer Service Team to support consumer needs cross-functionally.
- Manage product samples across app stakeholders, manage testing devices and product through product manufacturing and firmware iterations.
- Assist the App team with projects as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years' experience with mobile application or software/technology experience
- BS in computer science is a preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, confident, strong, and friendly demeanor to motivate participants
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in cross-functional environment
- Proven aptitude for learning, desire for success, and ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Self-starter with proven track record of proficiency completing tasks and balancing multiple on-going priorities
- Extremely detailed oriented with great problem-solving skills. Technical enough to define or clarify a problem statement, identify problems as a defects or user errors, and drive issues to root cause.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with agile development process a plus
AddressPark City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Skullcandy