Skoda Minotti is a top-100 business and financial advisory firm dedicated to Delivering on the Promise of helping our clients grow and achieve financial success. With 300 employees across four offices, we are proud to be named a Best Employer in Ohio in 2019. For five years, we have been named to Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms to Work For. Visit skodaminotti.com to learn more about our culture, values and commitment to client service.
We are currently searching for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Generalist supports the entire HR team with administration of programs, policies and procedures including data entry, scheduling, scanning, communications, and policy administration along with many other duties; provides support, information and coaching to management and staff on specific situations that may arise.
- Assists HR department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all firm employees.
- Provides overall support for HR team projects.
- Assists with the hiring process to include: preparation of offer letters, conducts and reviews background checks, administers and collects onboarding paperwork and saves to personnel files.
- Responsible for all aspects of the new hire onboarding process to include coordinating new hire set up, planning and scheduling new hire orientation.
- Facilitates training to new hires.
- Assists with employee relations issues and provides support as situations arise.
- Maintains an understanding of legal requirements related to day-to management of employees.
- Maintain user accounts in various HR systems and databases.
- Maintains firm organizational charts and all HR related information on the intranet
- Coordinates high school internships / senior shadowing projects.
- Coordinates Wellness Program Events, including wellness week, flu shot clinics, blood drives, Lunch and Learns, etc.
- Assist with maintaining employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially.
- Assist with training and development initiatives in the firm.
- Manages special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with internal & external communications and correspondence.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Assist with payroll and benefits function to include:
- Processes verifications of employment.
- Administers employee updates enters information into HRIS, payroll and benefits systems.
- Assists with group payroll and benefits information dissemination and enrollment sessions for employees.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business related field required.
- 2+ years of HR related experience.
- Results oriented, services focused HR professional with a verifiable track record for adding value to the business.
- Knowledgeable in federal and state laws as they relate to HR/employment activities.
- Proficient skills using MS Office with strong experience using Word, Outlook and Excel. Visio experience preferred.
- HRIS experience preferred.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Meet physical demands of the position including the ability to lift and handle up to 30 pounds of materials, bend, stoop and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of materials or equipment on shelving.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.