Casual Licensed Practical Nurse
- $28 Hourly
Under the direction of the Director of Care / Resident Care Manager or delegate, the LPN assesses residents’ needs, plans and implements the care required, and evaluates the residents’ response to his/her care and his/her environment. Responsibilities also include the direction and supervision of Care Aides in the provision of care.
- Assesses the residents’ needs on admission and continually, in terms of their ability to meet physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs within facility limitations.
- Plans, with the Care Aides and multidisciplinary team, the care required to meet the residents’ needs as much as is possible within available resources.
- Develops and implements a written resident care plan and ensures regular review and revision as required.
- Provides direct nursing care including administration of medication, treatments approved, nursing procedures and provides guidance, support and information to residents and their families.
- Assists the physician with examinations, diagnostic tests and therapeutic measures.
- Follows agency policies and departmental procedures in the performance of all duties.
- Maintains, for each resident, accurate record of problems, care given, observations and procedures carried out, progress and goals.
- Evaluates care continuously with Care Aides and multidisciplinary team including participation in formal resident care conference.
- Provides assistance, direction and supervision of Care Aide’s in care provided for resident, and in the completion of duties.
- Assists with the performance evaluation of Care Aide’s by providing objective observations to Nurse Manager or designate.
- Monitors and removes from use, malfunctioning or defective equipment and supplies and reports same to Nurse Manager or designate.
- Identifies and reports hazards/incidents/accidents. Documents these in the designated format and forwards to Nurse Manager.
- Promotes and maintains positive communication with all residents, staff and public.
- Maintains safe and hygienic work environment through tidy work habits and safe use of equipment.
- Responsible for resident care as assigned in the absence of the Nurse Manager or designate, and for initiating emergency measures in the event of fire or disaster.
- Attends in-service training and workshops as required by Westminster House.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program, through input into the development of standards, conducting QI activities as assigned, problem identification and suggestions for resolution.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skipton Holdings LtdAbbotsford, BC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.