We are a service-oriented culture and customer service and patient care will be paramount to the success of our organization. These positions report to the Clinic Manager. The MA performs a variety of tasks to assist doctors and mid-level practitioners in providing patient care, including escorting patients to exam rooms, checking vital signs, and coordinating ongoing care. Under the medical direction of the clinic physician and the general administrative direction of the clinic manager:
To apply for this position, please go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1072USKIN/ and create a applicant profile. The quick and easy process will allow to apply for any open positions and keep you in our database for all future openings. Once you create your applicant profile, you'll then be able to apply for this (and other) positions.
We are ALSO asking you to take this quick 10-12 minute survey. You can access the survey here, https://www.cultureindex.com/c/038M15BXcm . Due to our emphasis on excellence and growth, we will be using an online survey tool to help in our recruiting efforts. This tool is called “Culture Index Survey.” The Culture Index Survey is just that – it’s a survey and not a test: no passing or failing. The purpose of this exercise is to help us understand how we can work together at a more efficient level strategically in the clinic, and to help us recruit in the most efficient and productive manner. The survey will only take around 10-12 minutes to complete. Please take the time to complete the survey within three days of receipt, and do so in one sitting and without interruptions. The email will come from culture index and please check you spam folder if you do not see it in the next 48 hours.
· Provide assistance to the physician and mid-level practitioners through coordination of the patient's visit and performing designated procedures and patient care
· Prepare for the day's activities by checking schedules and preparing rooms for patient use
· Assist physician with patient care and education
· Provide direct assistance to the physician with surgical and medical procedures
· Lab functions, instrument processing, blood draws, injections
· Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Requirements: Education and Experience:
· Completion of an accredited Nursing Program with a current license in IL with no restrictions if LPN
· Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or 3+ years experience working as a MA
· 2+ years' prior MA/LPN experience in medical clinic setting
· Prior work experience with Electronic Medical Records
· Proficient using Microsoft Office, computer applications and ability to operate basic computer programs and equipment
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds and be on your feet for extended periods of time
· Ability to work at both clinic locations as needed – Mt. Vernon and Centralia
· Hours will equal a full-time FTE every two-weeks. Work hours will be between 7:30am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5pm with flexibility to come in earlier as needed or stay later as needed.
United Skin Specialists is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in our employment practices or opportunities on any grounds as prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Any applicant requiring reasonable accommodations during the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources.