Recruiter (Skilled Trades)
Skillwork Kansas City, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Recruiter to source, interview and select qualified job candidates for our clients.
Recruiting responsibilities include placing job ads in various online channels, evaluating applications and providing shortlists of qualified candidates based on established criteria. To be successful in this role, you should have experience filling contract jobs. Ultimately, you will have the opportunity to do this for Skilled Workers across manufacturing, construction, maintenance and heavy equipment environments.
The ideal candidate is responsible for helping to create and foster the first-of-its kind business model in a fast-moving start-up company that values strong character, high energy, and work/life balance.
- Actively seek out candidates that meet Skillwork criteria for skilled, experienced, qualified employees
- Screen resumes and job applications
- Interview candidates and provide shortlists of qualified potential hires
- Update clients on hiring status (e.g. number of screened candidates)
- Prepare candidates before interviews with clients
- Create talent pipelines with high-potential candidates for future job opportunities
- Keep detailed records of past applicants’ information, including resumes, assignments and interview evaluations
- Publish job ads on careers pages, job boards and social media
- Source and contact passive candidates online (e.g. via LinkedIn)
- Maintain relationship and manage Skillworkers in the field
- Network with candidates offline during job fairs
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven work experience as a Staffing Agency Recruiter, Corporate Recruiter or similar role
- Ability to manage the first hiring stages (job posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing)
- Experience with various interview formats, including phone screening calls, in-person interviews and group interviews
- Experience evaluating candidates for various roles and skill requirements
- Knowledge of resume databases and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Solid organizational and time-management abilities
- Familiarity with Crelate or similar ATS
- Experience in the Travel Medical Staffing or related Industry
- Experience in skilled trades, construction, manufacturing, or field service industries
SkillworkWhy Work Here?
Our success is measured by the number of people we help and the quality of service we provide.
Bringing respect and value back to the skilled trades.
AddressKansas City, MO