Journeyman Electrical Technician (Food Manufacturing)
Skillwork Miles City, MT
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Skillwork is looking to add Journeyman Electricians to our growing team! If you are looking to travel the country and find a great work/life balance, feel free to apply. We offer per diem and travel compensation!
Troubleshooting, repairing electronic and electrical equipment, and providing technical support to other team members when needed. Maintaining and installing communication cables, power distribution and wiring required for equipment as well as computer systems. Installing, modifying and repairing all electrical/electronic devices. Assist maintenance technicians when troubleshooting electronic and electrical issues. Maintaining involvement with operations of the plant processing equipment and scale systems. Assist parts clerk in ensuring an adequate supply of parts is maintained. Demonstrate strong safety leadership skills and follows safe work practices. Follow food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Must have a Journeyman Electrician License.
Preferred States: Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming
- Completion of formal trades training program, or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience.
- 2 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge in 3 or more of the following areas: Mechanical systems, predictive maintenance, maintenance planning, site utilities, system analysis & troubleshooting, pipe-fitting & welding, machining, metal fabrication, electricity & motor controls, controls & instrumentation, PLC/software & hardware, pneumatics & hydraulics.
- Strong knowledge of AC induction motors, controls, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical systems, start-up, and troubleshooting. • Experience with computer/device networking using standard protocols (Ethernet/IP, Devicenet, Modbus, Hart, DH+/485, ASCII)
- Knowledge of programmable logic/automation controllers, human-machine interfaces, hardware, and associated programming languages (Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, Structured Text). Platforms include; Rockwell Automation, Siemens, GE, Horner, Opto22.
- Knowledgeable in processes such as food processing/packaging, water treatment, refrigeration, and boiler control.
SkillworkWhy Work Here?
Our success is measured by the number of people we help and the quality of service we provide.
Bringing respect and value back to the skilled trades.
AddressMiles City, MT