Quality Assurance Manager
SkillsetGroup - Professional Staffing Solutions Torrance, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for routine segments of the quality assurance functions either directly or through QA Technicians. Responsible for the training of techniques and procedures for inspecting and testing customers products and for the conducting of research on products defects in order to recommend modifications in products and/or quality standards on the basis of this research and of analysis of customer complaints. May also include responsibility for actual inspection and testing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and apply all safety procedures at all times.
- Ensure that all the results of inspections and analysis are correct. Evaluate and document trends that may threaten product quality and safety.
- Ensure that all company and regulatory guidelines are complied to.
- Ensure that all requirements to produce line analysis reports and line samples are achieved.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments.
- Supervise the training of QA Technicians.
- Establish sampling plans in the various steps.
- Troubleshoot and identify causes of quality defects. Leading to recommending proper corrective and preventative measures.
- Perform GMP, HACCP and Sanitation Inspections.
- Flexibility to be reached 24 hours a day via cell phone.
- Meet with Technicians daily and attend meetings.
- Work with the QA Managers to understand formulation and create sheets for production.
- Look into customer complaints and provide information to the QA Manager.
- Monitor all non-compliant products and work with others departments to correct issue.
- Review all paperwork and charts daily. Research any issues noted.
- Ensure equipment is maintained, operational and calibrated..
- Make certain forms, work instructions and procedures are accurate, current, and controlled.
- Perform GMP inspections.
- Enforce safety, GMP and Food Safety standards.
- Plan the weekly schedule and appropriate Production has coverage.
- Attend the monthly safety meetings.
- Work with customer to introduce new products and/or packaging.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of authority.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with ISO, SPC, and Process Improvement concepts.
- Strong PC systems and software application skills (administer database, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Capability to coordinate multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivated.
- Understand FSSC 22000 and ISO9001:2008 standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines.
SkillsetGroup - Professional Staffing SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Our mission of creating a culture that supports long term retention, both internally, as well as for our candidates and our customers.
By providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service, our reputation as a leader in the staffing industry continues to grow. We are proud of our ideals and successes, and are excited to welcome you to our family!