QA Manager (Foods)
SkillsetGroup - Professional Staffing Solutions Gardena, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Job Function:
This position is responsible for managing the Quality Assurance and R&D departments and working with the Sanitation Manager to ensure the production of a quality and safe product.
Essential Job Functions
· Manages QA lab technicians, including scheduling and writing of performance reviews
· Responsible for the hiring, training and supervising of QA and QC employees
· Evaluates and improves quality program on an as needed basis
· Monitors and reviews lab testing results and varies HACCP related document
· Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data
· Review current standards and policies
· Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
· Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues
· Monitor all operations that affect quality
· Manages the Internal Audit Program
· Assist in trouble shooting quality and food safety related issues
· Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff
· Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
· Conducts investigations into non-conforming materials and products
· Serves as the principal contact for external auditors, customer audits and regulatory agencies
· Manages, implements and monitors compliance to specifications and requirements relative to HACCP, SSOP, SOP, Food Safety, GMP, and Quality Management Programs
· Ensure compliance with customer requirements, FSSC, FDA quality system rules, regulations, including planning and implementation.
· Assist Customer Service concerning customer complaints, and leads the investigation on product quality and food safety related issues
Food Safety Responsibilities
· All employees are required to immediately report and assist in the elimination or control of any food safety issues they observe to their supervisor
· Reinforces the use of GMP, SOP, and SSOP procedures throughout the facility.
· Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Pre-requisite programs
· Food Defense team member
· Takes appropriate action to ensure integrity of SQF system
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Education and Certification:
o Holds and maintains HACCP and cGMP certifications, SQF Practitioner, PCQI
o Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Compliance – USDA, FDA, HACCP, GMP, SSOP
o BS Degree in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related fields
o 6+ years’ experience in quality control or quality assurance in a food processing environment
· Preferred Skills:
o Knowledge in Food Science/ Nutritional related matters
o Genesis Nutritional Software
o Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
o Technology: Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
o Outstanding communication skills
SkillsetGroup - Professional Staffing SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Our mission of creating a culture that supports long term retention, both internally, as well as for our candidates and our customers.
By providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service, our reputation as a leader in the staffing industry continues to grow. We are proud of our ideals and successes, and are excited to welcome you to our family!