Skillset Group is seeking two (2) qualified Production Supervisors to work in the Torrance/Santa Fe Springs, CA area. This position is within a growing beverage manufacturer/distributor and offers a clear growth path within the company for future leadership roles (hence the degree requirement). The chosen candidate will have a strong food/beverage industry background and will require a Bachelor's degree. Bilingual is Spanish is PREFERRED but not required!
- Minimizes waste and cost and ensures conformance to Safety and Quality standards. Ensures Company standard practices and procedures are followed.
- Mentors, Engages and Motivates Associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth. Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments
- Understanding Safety standards, FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP.
- Strategize to Win - Continually collaborating with hourly personnel and supervisors to identify and troubleshoot chronic and sporadic losses through data analysis
- Tools for Success - Deploying strategic methodologies, systems, and tools, such as Autonomous Maintenance, Reliability Maintenance, Problem Solving, Process Mapping, etc. to deliver site OEE and cost savings goals
- Empower Teams - Supporting plant implementation of TPM/AM program by coaching supervisors/managers to ensure their capability to lead work teams
- Opportunity for Growth - Developing and executing training for operations, leadership and plant associates on methodologies, systems and tools
- Empower Efficiency - Building capability in the Reliability Maintenance COE (Center of Excellence) team to effectively plan, schedule, and execute work; installing and sustaining the Breakdown Elimination and equipment classification systems
BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food Science, Engineering or related field Required
- 1-3 years manufacturing industry experience understanding, technical knowledge of project management and continuous improvement process - is a plus
- Ability to influence Senior Leaders and Managers
- Ability and willingness to conduct workshops by learn, Teach and Train by Leading in a “team based” context.
- Hands-on, willing to spend most of his/her time build rapport and communicate with shop floor associates by conducting on-the-job training sessions on skills required through Train-the-Trainer program.
- Convincing, persistent, open-minded and good communicator
- Foster the development of internal subject matter to leverage internal training resources and promote knowledge transfer within organization
- Evaluate training effectiveness; assess quality and success of program and share feedback to validate effectiveness and suggest improvements
- Familiar working in a High-Performance Work Systems (HPWS) and/or Self-Directed Work Team environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability to influence others by effective communication to all Plant level
- Bi-Lingual a plus!