This position is responsible for providing effective customer service for all customers, processing orders for merchandise received by mail, telephone, fax, E-mail or personally from customer or company employee by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests
- Processes customer orders/changes according to established department policies and procedures
- Inputs data into computer, makes corrections to information, and ensures accurate and timely processing of orders
- Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer
- Interacts with customers regarding service, questions and complaints
- Processes customer returns according to established department policies and procedures
- Verifies accurate shipping methods with customer prior to finalizing order
- Works to exceed customer's service expectations
- Works closely with Credit / Refund Division to resolve disputed credit / refunded items
- Complies with the company’s polices and business ethics
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing and achieving results
- Performs other tasks or projects as assigned by Customer Service Supervisor and/or Customer Service Manager
- Highly personable, outgoing and positive team member
- Ability to adhere to strict compliance policies
- Comfortable interacting with consumers daily and following up sales leads
- Proactively approaches problems with solution-oriented mentality
- Must have above average organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- 1-2 years of order entry, customer service experience
- Experience with ERP systems, ORACLE and BAAN systems experience is a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills- written, verbal and listening.
- Successful work history – Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to perform basic functions of arithmetic: add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure; compute ratio, rate and percent; calculate variables and formulas; draw and interpret bar graphs.