Assistant Plant Manager
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager the Assistant Plant Manager will be providing guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during the daily operations. The Assistant Plant Manager will also assist in supervising production, safety, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training, and auditing activities.
While placing the upmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe and orderly work environment for self and other at all times, the Assistant Plant Manager will be:
1. Assisting the plant manager in creating a safe working environment, ensuring implementation of plant safety policies, procedures, and programs.
2. Making recommendations and assisting the plant manager in developing the operating plan and monitoring results against the plan. Assist the plant manager in other matters such as, but not limited to safety management, quality assurance, office administration and risk management.
3. Assist in equipment and machine acquisition and repairs, service contracts and agreements.
4. Maintain current permits and/or obtaining new permits from appropriate governmental agencies, ensuring the facility is in regulatory compliance.
5. Directing and coordinating the activities as assigned to obtain maximum efficiency of operations to meet production needs.
6. Leading a team of employees with a strong emphasis on safety, quality, and production.
7. Training and coaching supervisors and hourly personnel
8. Conferring with the plant manager to establish working schedules for all of production
9. Adhering to budget for all departments including maintenance supplies
10. Supervising equipment/facility maintenance operations including the preventative maintenance program
11. All other duties as requested or assigned
SkillsetGroup - Professional Staffing Solutions
Why Work Here?
Temp to hire opportunity with an essential manufacturing organization!