*2-4 years of experience working for Manufacturing Companies **
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Process Cost Accountant will be responsible for:
- Plans, collects and analyzes data such as raw material purchases, labor and overhead to determine costs of business activities
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs; identifying drivers of variances
- Works closely with MFG & Operation managers from multiple plants/departments to provide support and guidance as it relates to inventories, costing, financial analysis and continuous improvement
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Maintains cost accounting system and its integrity in multiple databases, including BOM’s and standard costs; updates cost as appropriate
- Supports the MOS (Management Operating System) by generating data and reports through the review of MFG results. Provides financial support for the department and makes recommendations to improve profitability
- Performs month-end close of the General Ledger
- Reconciles inventories; including supporting physical inventories and cycle count program
- Embraces working in a fast-pace plant environment, and at the same time a self-starter managing multiple priorities
- Establishes individual goals and action plans to improve his/her job function
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to the immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate superior communication skills, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieving these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required
- Possess a Bachelor of Science (Business) degree with emphasis in accounting and 2-4 years related experience in a manufacturing environment, including a strong cost system background and analytical skills.
- Ability to (a) define problems, establish facts by the collection of data from various computer systems and follow transactions through various Inventory, Order Processing and General Ledger systems, (b) draw valid conclusions from these facts and (c) determine the impact of these conclusions on the results of operations and/or the General Ledger. Also, must be able to solve practical problems dealing with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to (a) read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations, (b) write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, (c) effectively present information and response to questions from any level in the organization and (d) interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with basic (algebraic) mathematical concepts and apply them to business situations (e.g., inventory turns, inventory accuracy computations, etc.). Also, must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Adheres to the highest level of Quality when reporting financial and/or operating results.