SkillSetGroup is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to work in the Buena Park, CA area. The chosen candidate must have experience with overseeing the Food Safety, HACCP and SQF programs for food production. Knowledge of food manufacturing processes and quality related functions is needed. Bilingual Spanish & English is a must! This will be a 1st shift position and a DIRECT HIRE opportunity.
Supports the company’s regulatory, quality and food safety program through assisting in the review and management of records, training and mentoring staff members. Assist in the summary and analysis of quality data to support accurate quality specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervises a staff of approximately 12 quality assurance technicians
- Establishes employee work schedules in accordance to the production schedule.
- Ensures that department employees are trained to perform their duties safely and in accordance with company procedures.
- Keeps department and company Management advised of all issues relating to out of specification events, food safety, security and quality risks, employee’s safety risks, and any other situation requiring management attention.
- Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) by performing plant sanitation inspections and regular internal facility audits to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the department’s ongoing review, update and implementation of SOP’s, SSOP’s, HACCP plan and Emergency Management Programs to ensure compliance with customers’ requirements and excellent scores on annual audits (Military, SQF, etc.)
- Reviews daily HACCP and in-line process control documents to ensure compliance.
- Conducts Internal Audits according to the established schedule to ensure HACCP and Quality Control Programs are effectively enforced.
- Identifies discrepancies in current practices and food safety and quality system requirements through quality audits, conduct root cause analysis and facilitate development of corrective and preventive actions to resolve issues on continual basis.
- Assists the Director of QA & FS in updating and maintaining the SQF system programs.
- Acts as back-up for Director QA and Food Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum Educational Level: BS degree in Food Science, Microbiology or other related technical field of study
- HACCP program development and implementation experience desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills, good problem solving and analytical skills
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a must.
- Intermediate personal computer skills on EXCEL and Microsoft Word, and Power Point preferred
- Good documentation organization and review skills, quality audit experience.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in the Food Industry with the following general experience- quality audit; HACCP development, implementation and validation; quality control, and consumer contact