SkillSetGroup is looking for an experienced Automation Systems Technician to work in the Anaheim, CA area. This position will handle all automation and electronic issues on plastic manufacturing/packaging equipment. Experience with operation, maintenance and repair of automated packaging system is a must. The chosen candidate must also have experience with electrical system and component troubleshooting, including PLCs, VFDs, and automated controls. This will be a 3rd shift position and will be a DIRECT HIRE opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide electrical/mechanical installation support and technical expertise during new project launches.
- Provide technical support on current and future continuous improvement projects.
- Optimize performance of automated equipment, inspection equipment and robotic work-cells.
- Create training instructions and standard operating procedures for use in equipment implementation.
- Troubleshoots and debugs applications for automated systems
- Recommends packaging systems and configurations.
- Train production and maintenance departments on use and maintenance of new equipment.
- Trains production staff in the automation equipment and safety functions.
- Maintains in-house expertise in electronic/automation issues and repairs as necessary.
- Maintain and improve automation efficiencies.
- Responsible for adherence to all company, industry, and/or regulatory procedures.
- Responsible for participating in post project review for the continuous on future projects.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed and on short notice as required.
- Assist in qualifying new equipment; maintain calibration status of all equipment.
- Regular attendance is an essential function. Company will need to arrange to cover the duties in case of scheduled and unscheduled absences. Scheduled absence may be accommodated depending on the circumstance, but it is disruptive to the workforce to arrange short notice coverage unscheduled absences.
To perform this job successfully, the applicable candidate must be a team player and able to make decisions under pressure with a cross functional team of individuals and be flexible to work with all shifts. The additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education: Minimum two years college or related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, quality and procedure manuals. Ability to write procedures, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Strong motivational skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Analyzing information and process improvement is a must as well as attention to detail and dealing with complexity.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of software and QSI software as well as other quality related and business productivity software such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Mattec, JD Edwards.
- Miscellaneous: Automation experience in manufacturing required.